*The latest from Valerie giving the Menu for Sunday 9th June:*
1) Tico-Tico: play through at slow speed to help out those who are new to the group or have changed parts.
2) Bach: Bars 1-20, 2 quavers = 55 Those of you who have missed rehearsals, please look at the score Michael A sent you and write in your dynamics. This will allow you to catch up & be prepared for this weekend. *New:* Bars 21-24 and bars 162-the end
*Tip:* When learning a new piece (whether solo or ensemble), it is recommended that on most pieces, you work it like bookends. So, we will be adding on new parts every rehearsal but from the beginning and from the end, working our way to the middle.
3) Work on Deux Thèmes and after we work on it, do a run through. Mike L has kindly added the score to the Members’ repertoire page so if you missed a rehearsal (or just want to double check you have everything written down), you can add your dynamics to your part. We can now try to play this faster after 2 rehearsals: crotchet = 60 (we’ll try 1st at 53, then 56, then 60 to build up speed).
By now we may be ready for Tea & Biscuits.
4) Play through all of the Purcell. Those of you who are new, I have sent the score to Mike L and he has added it to the Members’ Repertoire area so you can add in your dynamics.
5) Touch her Lips by Walton: add dynamics and play through.
6) Tren Urbano: Those of you who have missed rehearsal, please ask Michael A who are your band partners and find out the dynamics for your part. *Beg-43*: run through. Note: Intro is crotchet = 80 and at bar 23 we are doing crotchet = 125 (remember that I am adding a full bar of counting to establish our new tempo before bar 23) Bars 68-91: run through. bars 133-167. Note: at bar 134, the tempo is crotchet = 80 and we’re back to crotchet = 125 on bar 142. Again, I will do a full bar of counting before bar 142 to establish new tempo bar 91-133: New section to learn. Note: the new tempo and key change. 80 might feel too fast, we can try 70 for our 1st time rehearsing it.